Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noel! Happy Kwanzaa! Happy Hanukkah!
I know. It's still mid-July, and for most of the country, it is way too hot to think about the holidays or December. Make that WAY too hot. Except that every year, usually around Thanksgiving, I give myself a Gibbs-like smack to the back of my head and tell myself that I really should have started at least thinking about what I wanted to make for the holidays a little bit sooner. I would settle for October but July is even better. Especially since it is too hot to be outside and there is all sorts of terrific holiday fabric available. Have you seen all the holiday wonderfulness at the Christmas Cloth Store and Sew Mama Sew?
If you're wondering, I really do know Linda. We met at the American Patchwork Creative Circle over five years ago and I loved her energy, style and personality. Linda does everything... and she's raising a couple of boys at the same time. She does every kind of sewing and stitching, and scrapbooking and paper crafts, and she does it all really well. Which is rather annoying, now that I think about it. Except how can you not love something this lively and vibrant?
This is Linda's terrific new book... except the cover is wrong about one thing - it should read Sew Merry and Bright - 21 easy, fun, festive and AWESOME patterns!
I started working on this project today...
I've also got the fabric picked out for this one...
What is terrific about the book is that there is a wide variety of projects from a tree skirt to a wall-quilt - that could easily be made into a lap or throw. There are stockings and table runners, an advent calendar and ornaments. Wouldn't this be a cute little package tie-on?
- Have planned your Christmas sewing for 2012 and you're already half-way through your list.
- Have planned your Christmas sewing for 2012 and you've at least started doing a bit of sewing.
- Have planned your Christmas sewing for 2012 and you've picked out fabric. Mostly.
- Have planned your Christmas sewing for 2012 and you'll start it as soon as you finish your Christmas sewing list for 2007. And 2008. And so on.
(For a few of you... don't worry, I'm in that last group too.)
You have until Friday, July 20th at Midnight, PST to leave a comment. If you do, you could win you a copy of Linda's terrific book and a couple of my very favorite Christmas Layer Cakes - Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas and Sweetwater's Countdown to Christmas. I've been saving them for a very special occasion and this is going to be it.
And yes, I've got two books so there are two prizes. (Don't worry, I'll be able to finish the pillow without the book because I bought an e-book version of Sew Merry and Bright.)
So go say Hi to Linda and then make sure you visit everybody else this week and next:
- Thursday, July 19 - Sew Mama Sew ~ Beth Wilson
- Friday, July 20 - Pat Sloan
- Saturday, July 21 - Ellen Luckett Baker of The Long Thread
- Sunday, July 22 - Kate Spain
- Monday, July 23 - Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced
- Tuesday, July 24 - Martingale & Co.
- Wednesday, July 25 - Henry Glass Fabrics
- Thursday, July 26 - Fat Quarterly
- Friday, July 27 - Aurifil
- Saturday, July 28 - Fat Quarter Shop
- Sunday, July 29 - Mark Lipinski
I'm off to work on my pillow. You know, I actually might finish this by Christmas!
Thank you, Linda!